Wednesday 10 August 2011

Last Night in Bruges...bring on the Trappists

Had a great time in Bruges.  Lots of waffles, cheese, fries, and beer.  I got a tip on one of the smaller Trappist Breweries only 50km away.  Then from there it's down the west side of the country to hit Rochefort and Chimay as well.  The others are closer to Holland so I'll just have to taste those when I get to Brussels.  Although, met some nice people last night, who were also on their bikes, and took them to De Garre (with the cheese that was so good).  There I was able to try Orval which is one of the Abbey's I won't be able to visit.....wasn't that great.


This is Fidel.  He was the mascot of the bar I was in when I got the tip on
West Vlerten Abbey.  Sweet guy.  Liked to lick my feet....(see below)


Made some new friends, Monique and Jennifer from Amsterdam.  We had a
nice evening sharing stories about festivals.  They were on their way to
their 3rd and last of the summer.  

Jane and Samson.  They had just arrived so I picked them up and took them
to De Garre....Samson was a little tipsy after the 2nd since he hadn't
eaten anything all day.  I then took him to the 'good' chip stand I tested
out the day before.  



Turns out 'Frites Special' means fries with mayo, ketchup and raw onions.

Goedenacht Bruges.

No comments:

Post a Comment